Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Awake to smell the flowers


My identity for 3 months, this has got to be my worse job ever.. i've totally and absolutely managed to single-handedly fuck it up. Thinking back, the job isn't so bad. If i was the same person that i was 5 years back, i would've took on to the job pretty well and made a good career out of it.

I think my priorities have changed over the past 5 years and i no longer see the same picture everyone else around me is seeing. I don't think i see that motivation to work hard in a job just so i can move ahead, climb higher up the corporate ladder, make more money anymore... instead, i see myself wanting to spend more time with my love ones, trying to slow down the pace to start appreciating what's around me, learning to take the simple pleasures in life and making it a joyous celebration of life, more importantly, learning to look deep within myself... not to realize the man i want to be but rather, to find the man that i already am inside.

Blame it on the Army, Blame it on the Alcohol, Blame it on Love, Blame it on my Family, Blame it on my Lil' Doggie, Blame it on Myself... but yes my friends, i have become a hippie, a social outcast on a journey towards life.


Hippie : a person, esp. of the late 1960s, who rejected established institutions and values and sought spontaneity, direct personal relations expressing love, and expanded consciousness, often expressed externally in the wearing of casual, folksy clothing and of beads, headbands, used garments, etc.


( Definitely me sans the sense of style. )

2 comments:

Nick said...

Ahhh! Hey what's so bad about being a hippie eh? I love hippies! Hippie hippity hippididy hippie hooo! Hippie!

jascablue said...

What's wrong about being a hippie? Not having money lor. lol