Monday, December 22, 2008

Thankful

Christmas is coming soon and everyone's scurrying around. Making plans, having parties, buying presents. Feels like it's all too soon, i wanna hide underneath the blanket and wait for it to ride over... guess i'm becoming one of those anti-xmas types.

What i do believe in though is Thanksgiving, i believe in being grateful with what life has given me and i am extremely lucky to have made three new friends during that low low period of my life. I think it's time to give a proper thanks to these people.

First up is XE, for the mindless banters and chats on msn. Thanks for providing me an escape from my own thoughts and for allowing me to be silly. The unlikeliest of friends but strangely we gel, okay, maybe not that much in person, haha, but yeah, i really enjoy our msn sessions. It reminds me of a different side of myself that i haven't seen in a very long time and you reminds me of myself in certain ways, a younger, more upbeat and zany character with a devil-may-care attitude to life. Thanks for allowing me to realize that all is not lost and for resurfacing that little part of myself that holds the magical sparkle in my eyes.

Then there's CFRD, another out of this world character, at least from my universe. Definitely the most unlikeliest of friends but somehow we became, guess chance and circumstance really came into play here. Your friendship and company is like a much needed whiff of fresh air into my then otherwise dull and depressive state of affairs. Thanks for making me realize that the man i love was actually never in love with me in the first place. It's a painful lesson to learn but something i needed to know in order for me to move on.. and only you were able to show me that. The irony of it all, yes, in my spite and anger, i would've liked to see the expression on his face if he comes to know. Now that the feelings are muted, i don't really care.. and there's less talk about him so a shift in our dynamics was a definite course of action. We have created a friendship out of that strange bond, for that i am thankful. At least some good came out of it eh? Lol. Though lately there's been certain problems and doubts but i certainly do not want to give up on this friendship, time will be a good factor to judge all things. Here's to 2009.

Lastly there's Ginger. Thanks for making me believe in love again, although at the moment i am incapable of showing any. We are still pretty far from anything but to have the opportunity of knowing you, i really have to thank the angels above for looking after me. Your companionship is sincerely appreciated, so much so that at times i worry about hurting you instead. Thanks for entrusting me with your confidence and for allowing me to be your confidant. I look forward to what the next year will bring forth for us. =)

So there, the three people who will end my 2008 with a blast. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

Ginger Beer said...

1 word juz for you babez.

"Thanks!"

Cheers to 2009!